A lot of people have told me that it takes courage to challenge an entrenched incumbent, but I say that courage is what my grandfather had when he stormed the beaches of the South Pacific. My grandfather served in the South Pacific during WWII. He was a United State Marine who saw combat on Guadalcanal and Tarawa. What he did was courageous. What the men and women do in our armed forces takes courage. Compared to their sacrifices, a Congressional campaign is far less challenging.
We have the finest military in the world. The men and women who volunteer to defend this country are owed a debt that cannot be re-paid. They stand on dangerous ground so that we may sleep easy at night. To the military and their families who offer their endless support and steady resolve; I thank you. Your sacrifices for the good of our nation must be honored, and our promises must be kept. We have an obligation to ensure that each veteran receives the resources for which they have greatly sacrificed. We will not forget your service and sacrifice.
As a Congressman I will:
- Work to streamline the Veteran’s Administration and cut through the red tape so veterans to get the care and resources they need.
- Ensure our men and women in the armed forces have the tools necessary to fight our enemies.
- Support the GI Bill so that every veteran has the opportunity to get a good education.
- Defend programs designed to assist disabled veterans.
- Dedicate staff specifically to veteran’s issues. No voice will go unheard.
- Honor our veteran’s service by remaining committed to a strong national defense.
There are three main reasons I support Grant Stinchfield: honor, courage, and committment. These also happen to be the same three core values I live by today, and also when I was on active duty in the Marine Corps. It indeed is a rare occasion that we find a person outside our Corps that exhibits these values in their everyday life on or near the level in which Marines do. Grant is one of those few. I am proud to stand tall and on the front line with him in the fight to cleanse our federal government of the waste, fraud, and idiocracy that has ravaged our country for decades. I have Grant’s back, and as a veteran, I know he has mine too. Semper Fidelis!
-J. Lafko,Veteran, USMC 2006-2010